In certain scenarios, it may be helpful for admin to update a user's role permission. For example, if you have a student staff member whose internship ended with the career center, you can switch them back to a regular subscriber on uConnect.
To change a user's role permission, admin should follow steps below:
- Navigate to the backend of your platform's dashboard and click on 'Engage' > Subscribers (CRM)
- Search for the user whose role you want to update and hover over their name to select 'Edit'
- Scroll down to the 'Role' field and select 'Subscriber'
- Make sure to click the 'Update' button at the bottom of the page
Next, direct a student or user to follow the steps below:
- Log into the uConnect platform
- From the dropdown in the upper-right hand corner of the page, where it says 'Welcome [Name]', select 'Edit My Profile' as highlighted below.
- From here, the user will be automatically directed to update their Subscriber preferences, and the process is complete.