How to integrate with PeopleGrove
Reach out to your PeopleGrove support team and request that they enable the Secure File Storage and Export Data tools. Once those tools are enabled, you'll have the necessary options available and can follow these instructions to create the data export:
- Go to Hub Admin > Initial Setup > Secure File Storage and create a new storage bucket.
- Then, go to Explore Users, use filters to specify the end user population you wish to track (see below).
- Add columns to determine what data you want the report to display (see below), and create a report.
- Next, go to Hub Admin > Initial Setup > Export Data and create a new export job for that report. Once that's finished, you'll find a copy of the export in Secure File Storage once it's run (according to your export settings).
For the filters mentioned in Step 2, we'll need the following:
- Approved: Approved
- User Type: Alum, Faculty or Staff Member
- Visibility: Public
For the data columns in Step 3, we need the following:
- PeopleGrove ID
- First Name
- Last Name
- Photo URL
- User Type
- Education history
- Work history
- Current Company
- Current Job Title
Once the export is configured, you and your team will need to send us the following:
- S3 bucket name and credentials (which includes the Bucket Name, Region, Access Key, and Secret Key), which can be found under the 'Secure File Storage' section
- The report name that you created in Step 3, above.
- A sample profile URL from your PeopleGrove account.
If you're a new partner institution who's going through our onboarding process, submit these items through your customized Integration Implementation Form (linked in your Onboarding Overview).
If you're an existing client that's switched to PeopleGrove, please send this information to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, please reach out to us at email@example.com!