When you set up a community, you have the option to include 'Community Facilitators' which appear as widgets in the right side bar. These facilitators could be advisors, faculty, or staff that have expertise in that community!
Set up a community as available for community facilitators:
Before you can assign a user to a community, the community must be set up so that it will appear as an option in the Advising Category drop-down list.
To set up a Community:
- Navigate to 'Manage' > 'Communities'
- Select All Tags from the list at the top of the page and scroll to the parent tag of the community you wish to edit.
- Scroll down to where it says 'Has channel pages?' and select 'Yes' from the drop down menu.
- Remember to 'Save Changes'
Once the community is set up and available as an option in the drop-down list, you can assign users to it.
To assign a user as a community facilitator:
- Navigate to 'Manage' > 'Users'
- Search and select 'Edit Profile' for the user you wish to assign
- Scroll down to the bottom of the profile to where you see 'Advising Categories'
- Select the desired communities from the drop-down menu.
- Remember to 'Save Changes' once you've finished editing.
Once you've set up the community and have assigned the user, you should see the user appear on the community page! If you don't, that means the widget hasn't been set up yet. Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'd be happy to set that up for you!