Add an experience:
- Login to your uConnect dashboard
- On the left hand sidebar, expand the 'Publish' menu
- Select 'Experiences'
- Select the 'Add New' button
Here, you'll be directed to a blank experiences template to complete. Below, we've outlined the different fields you can include, and what each means.
What do the different experience fields mean?
- Title: the title of the experience, i.e. 'Semester Abroad in Sydney, AU'
- Description: a description of the experience, i.e. 'a two week volunteer trip to North Carolina'
- City: the city that the experience takes place in, this is especially relevant if it's an exchange program or off-campus opportunity
- Country / State: the state and /or country that the experience takes place in, again, this is especially relevant if it's an exchange program or off-campus opportunity
- Start + End Dates: the start and end dates of the experience itself, i.e. the day a research position starts and ends
- Application Deadline: the date that applications are due, if the experience requires a student to apply
- Decision Date: the date that admittance to the program will be announced, again, if the experience requires a student to apply
- Experience Sponsor: the department or school sponsoring the experience, i.e. a three week Digital Photography Program in Cuba may have been sponsored by the campus Art or Photography Department
- Experience Logo: a logo or icon that represents the experience and / or any non-university affiliate of the experience, i.e. an employer or non-profit sponsor
- Experience Link: a link to an external website that details more information about the experience itself
- Website: a link to an external website that details more information about the employer, university, or non-profit sponsor
- University Sponsor: if the sponsor of the experience is a partner university (say, for a study abroad program), include the name of that university here
- University Logo: the partner university logo (if the experience is sponsored by a secondary university)
- University Description: a description of the partner university (if the experience is sponsored by a secondary university)
- Header Image: a unique image that shows a bit about the experience