Embedding Videos within Custom Emails
When creating a custom email, there isn’t an option to directly embed videos pulled into uConnect or hosted on third party platforms within the text of your email’s introduction paragraph or description.
However, there is a workaround to feature videos hosted on Vimeo, Wistia, Youtube, Candid Career, or other platforms through custom emails.
Steps for Featuring Videos
To highlight a video in one of your custom emails, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the backend of your platform, and select Engage>Emails
- Click on “Custom Emails” from the left hand side menu
- Input the target audience you’re looking to reach, and proceed to the next section of the custom email builder
- In the section titled “Introduction Paragraph,” select “Add Media,” and upload a screenshot of a particular frame within your video or a different featured image you’d like to include
- Click the image you’ve inserted and select the link button above to paste a Youtube, Vimeo, Wistia, etc. URL directing students to a specific video you’d like to bring their attention to. You can also insert a URL from your uConnect platform here, directing students to a particular page that a certain video is embedded on
- Remember to insert any additional content you’d like to included in your email, then select “Send Now”
For help with featuring videos within custom emails, contact email@example.com.