Subscriber lists ensure relevant information is sent to appropriate audience groups. With subscriber lists, admin can easily push out information that targets a specific audience or subscriber group, like a welcome letter directed all first year students. Regularly updating subscriber lists is important, as it guarantees irrelevant content is not sent out to users.
-Second year students do not need to receive information about events that are only applicable to the senior class
-Alumni do not need to receive alerts about best testing practices or available internships if they have already started their jobs
-Ex staff members who have already left their institutions do not need to continue receiving alerts
Create and format a subscriber list:
Updates to subscriber lists are formatted through Excel and then submitted to our uConnect team.
1. Upload your file in csv, xls, or xlsx format.
2. The minimum information required for each user type is as follows. Each item must be in its own column.
-->Students: First name, Last name, email address, year of graduation
-->Alumni: First name, last name, email address, year of graduation
-->All other user types: First name, last name, email address
3. Different user types must be submitted in separate spreadsheets. If you have both undergraduate and graduate students, they must be submitted in separate spreadsheets.
HOW TO ASSIGN TAGS TO USERS:
You do have the option to add more information than the minimum required for each user, such as major, industry, or campus location. However, please note these important requirements:
1. Additional information must be mapped directly to tags already in your uConnect system. For example, if you provide each student's major in the spreadsheet but you do not have tags for majors in uConnect, this information will be deleted.
2. Think of each column in your spreadsheet as a community tag category. To see your categories and what they contain, navigate to Manage > Communities in the back end of your platform. The green headers are your tag categories. When you click on the header, you will see the tags that belong to this category.
3. In each column of your spreadsheet, you may only include tags from ONE tag category type. If you want to include multiple tags within the same category (for example if you are tagging students to their major, and a student is a double major), separate the two items with a semicolon, but keep them in the same column.
Submit your list:
Use the Subscriber List Upload form to upload your subscriber lists.
Note: We recommend updating your subscriber lists every semester. Doing so will give you more accurate data and ensure that new students are subscribed for alerts.
Note: If a profile already exists for a user and his email is included in a new or updated subscriber list, his profile will not be deleted or duplicated. Only new tags will be added to the existing profile.
Wondering what happens to your subscriber lists at the end of the school year? This article explains it all.